Spotlight on TENNESSEE – Limited Edition Masterpiece
This statement matches the achievement of this masterful limited edition of three of his plays. “TENNESSEE” is a limited edition, four-color letterpress three-volume collection that contains the first publication—and printing—of Tennessee Williams’s recently discovered play, “These Are the Stairs You Got to Watch.” It is accompanied by “The Glass Menagerie” and “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.”
Included within is original artwork by the world renowned artist, Clarice Smith, who was commissioned to create six, full page works of “Tennessee’s Women.”
David Bruce Smith, publisher of the collection, provided the commentary.
Michael Kahn, Artistic Director of the Shakespeare Theatre and friend to Williams, authored the preface.
- Fine Limited Edition – Hand Bound, Hand Printed
- Included within is original artwork by the world renowned artist, Clarice Smith, who was commissioned to create six, multicolor offset lithographic prints of “Tennessee’s Women.”
- From metal plates. Printing/color separations performed individually on a World War ll-type roller press in Florence, Italy.
- 3 subjects, Maggie, Laura and Girl, full page illustrations bound within the book.
- Blanche, Maxine and Alma prints, unbound, signed by the artist and nestled inside the box.
- David Bruce Smith, publisher of the collection, has provided the commentary.
- Michael Kahn, Artistic Director of the Shakespeare Theatre and friend to Williams, authored the preface.
- Three volumes nestled in a soft black matte finish clamshell box lined with carbon-colored suede luxe.
- Elephant-sized folio (14″ x 18″), printed on Fabriano Rusticus paper.
- Book Design and Art Binding by John Paul Greenawalt and Stephen L. Vanilio.
- Printed by Paolo Barbieri on a letterpress and hand set in Baskerville type in four colors.
- End papers in cream colored translucent paper.
- Limited to 750 standard editions.
For more information on how to place your order visit the TENNESSEE page.